2017 FX Cruiser SVHO
High performance meets comfort and style in the FX Cruiser SVHO. Powered by Yamaha’s race-proven, supercharged Super Vortex High Output marine engine, this machine combines a dynamic driving experience with high-end luxury appointments that create a one-of-a-kind ownership experience.
Dealer #: 6249
AVAILABILITYAbbotsford: Contact the store for more details or to order.
Port Moody: Contact the store for more details or to order.
- The FX Cruiser SVHO is powered by Yamaha’s all-new 1.8L supercharged, Super Vortex High Output Marine engine that is the most technologically advanced engine ever designed for a personal watercraft, delivering up to 20% more power and torque than any engine ever in a Yamaha WaveRunner personal watercraft.
- Wet Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricated oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- Intake Grate: A new top loader intake grate increases pump output and efficiency, and keeps the pump hooked up in all water conditions.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Advanced multi-point fuel injection system utilizing a single electronically controlled throttle body and multiple reliable sensors working in armory for optimum air/fuel mixture under any condition. The result is a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and off throttle steering (OTS). The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Open Loop Cooling: A proven industry standard that uses water to cool the motor resulting in better efficiency, less moving parts, less heat build-up and less maintenance.
- Thermostatic Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is automatically controlled through a thermostat sensor.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
- Yamaha Sound Suppression System: Reduces engine noise and vibration for a quieter, more comfortable ride.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- New Pump: A race-inspired 8-vane, 160mm pump delivering competition level thrust never seen before on a production watercraft from Yamaha
- Stainless Steel 3-blade Impeller and Housing Liner: For superior resistance to wear and long term durability while maintaining accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing for consistant performance.
- RiDE (Reverse with Intuitive Deceleration Electronics) – The world’s first dual handlebar throttle control system is easy and intuitive. Pull the right lever to go forward, and the left lever for reverse. Pull them both, or in any combination, and the system reacts with precise control. Benefits include better handling, smooth deceleration and more control while turning.
- Yamaha’s exclusive Reverse Traction Control : This unique automatic electronic control is programmed to optimize the jet pump efficiency when moving in reverse.
- All-new Electronic trim allows the rider to adjust the handling characteristics of the watercraft on the fly from a looser, more playful feel to a more planted, high-performance experience.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
NanoXcel Hull & Deck
- NanoXcel 2 : New for the FX Cruiser SVHO is the second generation of Yamaha’s proprietary lightweight NanoXcel hull, deck, and liner material. NanoXcel 2 reduces the weight by 46 lbs while maintaining the structural integrity of the watercraft.
- Lightweight and responsive, the NanoXcel hull has been designed with a full keel for confident straightline tracking while the full-length, outside chines provide greater stability.
- Stepper Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and stability.
- Improved Stern Area: Now larger than ever, the all-new swim platform features fast-access stern storage, double grab handles and a redesigned reboarding step, angled deeper in the water for easier reboarding.
- Three-person Cruiser® seat: Incredibly roomy this three-person Cruiser seat features the industry’s only theater-style seating, offering spaciousness and a thrilling view for everyone on board.
- Yamaha’s exclusive Cruise Assist: The industry’s first system that allows the driver to set and hold a particular speed while maintaining a comfortable riding position with the throttle. Once the speed is set, the driver can increase or decrease the speed through the simple push of a button. When the throttle is disengaged the system shuts off.
- Yamaha’s exclusive No Wake Mode: makes cruising through no-wake zones a breeze. Once engaged, the no-wake mode moves the engine’s RPMs to an optimal speed, approximately 5 mph, for efficiently navigating through a no-wake zone. Once through, the driver simply applies throttle and the no-wake mode is released.
- Industry’s First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha’s innovative remote controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the FX’s digital security system and Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, battery voltage, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self-diagnostic function and audible warning system.
- FX Cruiser SHO Exclusive Digital Instrumentation with compass, water temperature, air temperature, fuel flow, trip distance and time
- Command Link: An industry first, offering quick, easy access to onboard instrumentation keys.
- Adjustable Steering, to best accommodate the driver, the steering column can be tilted up or down – offering greater comfort.
- 125 litre of Storage, including two dry compartments and a cavernous deck storage providing the perfect place for stowing gear .
- Stylish pull-up cleats provide easy tie-up at the dock, then tuck neatly away until you need them.
- Tow hook, Convenient placement of a tow hook makes wakeboarding or skiing a breeze
- Dual Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
- New Extended Ride Plate – The shape and length of the ride plate determines stability, time to plane, and straight-line trackability. The new extended ride plate on the SVHO models is designed specifically to deliver the best handling characteristics possible.