2017 Raptor 90
Remember the first ride you took? The freedom, and independence? How that feeling turned into a lifelong passion? Get your little one started on Yamaha’s Raptor 90. Reverse and electric start with big-bike styling make the Raptor 90 easy to learn on while looking fast.
Dealer #: 6249
AVAILABILITYAbbotsford: Contact the store for more details or to order.
Port Moody: Contact the store for more details or to order.
- Air-cooled, 89.5, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces smooth, reliable, novice friendly power.
- proven, reliable design
- easy to use, linear power delivery
- solid low-to-mid-range performance
- air cooling for simplicity & reduced maintenance
- Push-button electric starting backed up by an emergency manual kick starter.
- electric starting makes learning to ride more fun
- Single overhead camshaft (SOHC), 2-valve design.
- simple 1- intake valve & 1- exhaust valve cylinder head design
- utilizes conventional rocker arms & screw type tappet adjusters for easier maintenance
- Flat top piston & lightweight ball bearing style crankshaft.
- 9.2:1 compression ratio, uses regular gas
- lightweight components means faster engine response
- Automatic cam chain adjuster.
- reduces maintenance & mechanical engine noise
- TK 13mm carburetor.
- crisp throttle response with good fuel economy
- easy access handle bar mounted choke lever
- Fully automatic CVT transmission with reverse.
- automatic clutch and no gears to shift allow young riders to concentrate on the basics of riding & developing riding skills
- select a gear, then gas it & go… it is that easy
- automotive style gated shifter: forward, neutral & reverse
- handle bar mounted indicator lights provide indication of drive selection (forward or reverse)
- Maintenance-free capacitor discharge ignition (CDI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Easy access, no tools required washable foam air filter.
- reduces maintenance costs
- re-usable design
- Spark arrestor equipped exhaust system.
- quiet design
- “cleanable” spark arrestor prevents stray sparks from exiting the exhaust
- heat shield protects young riders from hot components
- Rugged round tube, steel frame.
- compact design provides nimble, responsive handling
- low seat height makes getting on & off easy
- Adjustable independent, single A-arm front suspension.
- 5 — position spring preload adjustability to match rider weight and / or trail conditions
- 126 mm (5″) front wheel travel
- grease fitting on selected components
- Adjustable single shock rear suspension.
- 5 — position spring preload adjustability
- 145 mm (5.7″) front wheel travel
- Dual front drum brakes.
- independent (separate) front & rear braking for enhanced control & terrain-ability
- hand-operated brake levers are similar to those used on a bicycle for easy familiarity
- Single drum rear brake with handle bar mounted lever style parking brake.
- consistent braking performance
- Rugged steel rims fitted with 18″ tires.
- steel rims provide excellent durability & traction
- tire design enhances steering precision, ride comfort & traction
- 6.6 litre fuel tank.
- on – off – reserve petcock helps to prevent running out of gas
- reserve portion of tank is 0.9 litres
- Rugged & roomy floorboards.
- excellent rider foot protection
- helps reduce mud & water splash
- Aggressive styling & rugged body work.
- aggressive, sporty styling & high fenders are inspired by the mighty Raptor 700R.
- Durable O-ring drive chain.
- Low maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during extended storage).
- battery is sealed… no need to check electrolyte levels or add distilled water
- Keyed ignition lets parents control use
- Heat shields on exhaust protect young riders from hot components
- Adjustable speed limiter screw on throttle housing restricts throttle lever movement to reduce acceleration & top speed.
- 2-stage rpm limiter device limits engine rpm. As skills improve, the limiter can be removed & maximum engine rpm will increase from 4,900 rpm to 8,500 rpm making a significant difference in power & performance.