Agile and powerful, the Yamaha VXR is serious fun with its large displacement, advanced driver-focused technologies and aggressive styling. The lightweight and nimble VXR offers the best competition-level value on the water.
Dealer #: 6249
AVAILABILITYAbbotsford: Contact the store for more details or to order.
Port Moody: Contact the store for more details or to order.
- The VXR is powered by Yamaha’s 1812cc, high output engine which is the largest displacement engine in the PWC industry. This new generation of power balances high performance, economy, environmental awareness and the reliability Yamaha is famous for.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Four individual throttle bodies, throttle position sensor (TPS), intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture. The result is a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Throttle by wire reverse system controls RPM in reverse gear for maximum thrust efficiency
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- SAWS (Scavenger Assist Wet Sump): Equipped with a high-performance, compact gas-liquid separator, this engine uses Yamaha’s unique ultra compact lubrication system and the oil pan structure.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The VXR’s 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system with three-blade stainless steel impeller: Designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The VXR pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and quick acceleration.
- RiDE (Reverse with Intuitive Deceleration Electronics) – The world’s first dual handlebar throttle control system is easy and intuitive. Pull the right lever to go forward, and the left lever for reverse. Pull them both, or in any combination, and the system reacts with precise control. Benefits include better handling, smooth deceleration and more control while turning.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
- All-new Electronic trim allows the rider to adjust the handling characteristics of the watercraft on the fly from a looser, more playful feel to a more planted, high-performance experience.
The NanoXcel Hull & Deck
- The VXR features the industry’s first and only nanotechnology-engineered hulls, decks, and liners that are the lightest and strongest in the market today. The result is a state of the art watercraft that is quick and nimble, but with balance and maneuverability that truly connects the driver to the machine.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.