The entry level YFZ50 offers the fun, excitement and adventure of the great outdoors to young riders ages 6 years and up. The 49.4cc engine, fully automatic CVT transmission, throttle limiter and tether switch are fantastic features to ensure a safe and enjoyable start to off-road fun, while looking just like the big YFZ450R.
Dealer #: 6249
AVAILABILITYAbbotsford: Contact the store for more details or to order.
Port Moody: Contact the store for more details or to order.
- Air-cooled, 49.4 cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces smooth, reliable, novice friendly power.
- easy to use, linear power delivery makes learning to ride fun & easy
- air cooling for simplicity & reduced maintenance
- Push-button electric starting backed up by an auxiliary manual kick starter.
- electric starting makes learning to ride more fun
- Single overhead camshaft (SOHC), 2-valve design
- basic 1- intake valve & 1- exhaust valve cylinder head design
- utilizes conventional rocker arms & screw-type tappet adjusters for easier maintenance
- Mikuni VM12 carburetor.
- crisp throttle response with good fuel economy
- easy access handle bar mounted choke lever
- Fully automatic CVT transmission.
- automatic clutch and no gears to shift allows young riders to concentrate on developing riding skills
- fully automatic CV transmission means gas it & go performance; it is that easy
- Maintenance-free capacitor discharge ignition (CDI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Easy access, no tools required washable foam air filter
- reduces maintenance costs … re-usable design
- Spark arrestor & catalyzer equipped exhaust system
- quiet design
- “cleanable” spark arrestor prevents stray sparks from exiting the exhaust
- heat shield protects young riders from hot components
- Rugged round tube, steel frame.
- compact design provides nimble, responsive handling
- low seat height makes getting on & off easy
- Single I-arm front suspension.
- 60 mm (2.4″) front wheel travel
- grease fitting on selected components
- Single shock rear suspension.
- 51 mm (2″) rear wheel travel
- Dual front drum brakes.
- independent (separate) front & rear braking for enhanced control & terrain-ability
- hand-operated brake levers are similar to those used on a bicycle for easy familiarity
- Single drum rear brake with handle bar mounted lever style parking brake.
- consistent braking performance
- parking brake prevents machine from moving when idling or when parked on uneven surfaces
- Rugged steel rims fitted with 16″ tires.
- steel rims provide excellent durability & traction
- tire design enhances steering precision, ride comfort & traction
- 5.6 litre fuel tank.
- on – off – reserve petcock helps to prevent running out of gas
- reserve portion of tank is 0.7 litres
- Rugged & roomy floorboards.
- excellent rider foot protection
- helps reduce mud & water splash
- Aggressive styling.
- aggressive, sporty styling & high fenders are inspired by the mighty YFZ450R.
- Low maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during extended storage).
- battery is sealed… no need to check electrolyte levels or add distilled water
- Keyed ignition lets parents control use
- Adjustable speed limiter screw on throttle housing restricts throttle lever movement to reduce acceleration & top speed.
- 2-stage rpm limiter device limits engine rpm. As skills improve, the limiter can be removed & maximum engine rpm will increase from 5,200 rpm to 7,400 rpm making a significant difference in power & performance.
- Power cut-off tether switch with lanyard allows parent or adult supervisor to walk beside the unit while a novice is learning & stop the engine if required