2017 YZ85 (2-Stroke)
The YZ85 is ready to race right out of the crate with features like a super potent 85cc, crankcase reed-valve 2-stroke power plant, a rigid single backbone frame and adjustable suspension. Join the “bLU cRU” and get ready to fill your trophy case.
Dealer #: 6249
AVAILABILITYAbbotsford: Contact the store for more details or to order.
Port Moody: Contact the store for more details or to order.
- Potent, easy to service, crankcase reed inducted, 2-stroke power plant
- Smooth shifting, 6-speed close ratio transmission
- Compact, semi-double cradle, single back bone, steel frame
- Race-ready, fully adjustable suspension.
- Front & rear disc brakes
- Aggressive, modern styling
- Lightweight, compact, 85cc, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve inducted, 2-stroke single.
- Crankcase reed valve induction & 28mm Keihin flat-slide carburetor.
- crisp, seamless throttle response across the powerband
- Lightweight, forged piston.
- less reciprocating mass & less friction for a faster revving engine
- excellent durability
- CD ignition system.
- provides a hot, precise spark for fast sure starts
- provides optimal timing for quicker, stronger response at all rpms
- Smooth-shifting, 6-speed transmission.
- involute design increases the surface area contact between the gears
- special involute splines on main and drive shafts provide maximum engagement / hook-up for each gear for smoother, more positive shifts
- gear ratios are well matched to engine output
- Heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch.
- smooth positive shifting
- Quick remove, clutch sub-cover.
- fast, easy clutch access
- Lightweight radiator with high capacity cores & special louvers to direct the air through the rad.
- maximum cooling efficiency
- Large capacity airbox with washable, dual-stage, foam filter.
- excellent filtering qualities
- Lightweight exhaust system.
- specially designed expansion chamber for a broad powerband with strong low-end punch
- aluminium silencer is re-packable to maintain optimum performance & reduced noise levels
reduced tune-up expenses… foam filter can be washed & re-used
- Rigid, semi-double cradle, single backbone, steel frame.
- blend of light weight & good strength
- minimal flex for razor-sharp, moto-wining handling
- Detachable rear subframe.
- allows easy access for suspension maintenance
- reduces costs in the event of a loop-out (subframe can be purchased separately)
- Lightweight box-section aluminium swingarm.
- provides excellent for excellent rear wheel control &traction
- Adjustable 36mm inverted Kayaba fork provides 275mm (10.8″) of wheel travel.
- adjusts for compression & rebound damping. Adjustments include: 20 clicks of compression damping & 20 clicks of rebound damping
- adjustable design allows rider (tuner) to tailor settings to match rider weight, rider style & track conditions
- YZ125 / 250 based “big bike” valving & low-friction fork seals
- smooth, compliant stroke for superior suspension performance & handling
- optional fork springs are available through Yamaha Genuine Parts & Accessories
- Fully adjustable Monocross link rear suspension provides 282mm (11.1″) of wheel travel.
- Kayaba piggyback shock reduces shock temperatures during a long moto for fade resistant damping & consistent performance.
- adjustments include “threaded” spring preload, 15 clicks of compression & 20 clicks of rebound damping
- optional shock springs are available through Yamaha Genuine Parts & Accessories
- 220mm front stainless steel disc with twin piston caliper
- delivers strong stopping power with excellent control and great feedback.
- “Shorty style” adjustable front brake lever.
- adjusts to fit various hand sizes
- Clutch lever holder allows for clutch lever reach adjustment.
- adjusts to fit various hand sizes.
- 190mm stainless steel rear disc brake squeezed by a single piston caliper.
- Excellent stopping power
- caliper is protected by a rugged plastic protector
- Lightweight, 17″ front & 14″ rear DID rims
- excellent durability
- reduces unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance
- Modern, aggressive, slim line bodywork.
- slim body design for excellent freedom of movement & rider mobility
- seat features a pebble finish seat cover for grip
- Sealed tapered steering head bearings for extra durability
- Serrated rear brake pedal & folding shift lever tip
- Wide, cast-alloy serrated footpegs offer good grip
- Stainless steel inner clutch cable for longer life & smooth operation
- Rubber boots on clutch & brake levers to reduce dirt, mud & water entry for durability
- Convenient lifting holes in side cover
- Rugged chain guide helps prevent chain from de-railing & also protects rear sprocket.
- YZ85 large wheel kit (19″/17″) is available through Yamaha Genuine Parts & Accessories.
- E10 friendly fuel system components