A racing legend was reborn in 2017 with the ultra-performance Yamaha GP1800 — the quickest, fastest, most precise handling WaveRunner Yamaha has ever designed. The 2019 GP1800R returns with more race-inspired updates that are sure to quench the thirst for thrills of experienced high-performance enthusiasts.
Dealer #: 6249
AVAILABILITYAbbotsford: Contact the store for more details or to order.
Port Moody: Contact the store for more details or to order.
- The GP1800R is powered by Yamaha’s 1.8L, supercharged Super Vortex High Output Marine engine that is the most technologically advanced engine ever designed for a personal watercraft, delivering more power and torque than any engine ever in a Yamaha WaveRunner personal watercraft.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Four electronically controlled fuel injectors, throttle position sensor (TPS) and intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture. The results are a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- Wet Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricated oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and off throttle steering (OTS). The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Independent Water-jacketed Exhaust Manifolds with Collector: Achieves high power while keeping noise and exhaust heat under control.
- Thermostatic Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is automatically controlled through a thermostat sensor.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are all treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
- Direct Ignition: For more efficient combustion.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The GP series features a 160mm, 8-vane high pressure pump that consists of a large capacity intake duct, a newly developed impeller, a large diameter nozzle and other components matching the tremendous power created by the 1.8 litre supercharged super vortex engine.
- Ride (Reverse with Intuitive Deceleration Electronics) — The world’s first dual handlebar throttle control system is easy and intuitive. Pull the right lever and go forward. Pull them both, or in any combination, and the system reacts with precise control. Benefits include better handling, smooth deceleration and more control while turning.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- Electric Trim: Allows the rider to adjust the handling characteristics of the watercraft on the fly from a looser, more playful feel to a more planted, high-performance experience.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The NanoXcel Hull and Deck:
- The GP’s hull design combines remarkably tight turning with an edge-to-edge inside-lean character that is as exciting as it is precise. The GP Series features an all-new NanoXcel 2 hull and deck that has been engineered using nanotechnology to reduce overall weight. The result is a state of the art watercraft that is quick and nimble, but with balance and maneuverability that truly connects the driver to the machine.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
- All-new race-inspired ride plate and intake screen: Keep riders glued to the water, even at top speed.
- Industry’s First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha’s innovative remote controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the GP’s digital security system and all-new Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
- Low RPM ModeTM: Also with the touch a button on the remote transmitter, the top speed of the GP can be reduced and fuel consumption decreased by up to 26%.
- 93.2 litres (24.6 gallons): Including an under-seat watertight storage, glove box and beverage cup holders.
- Dual Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Reboarding step makes reboarding the craft more comfortable after a quick swim.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.