2019 YZ85 (2-Stroke)
Redesigned from the ground up, the new YZ85 has been built to dominate the 85 cc class. Featuring a new engine with the Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS), new suspension, revised six-speed transmission and adjustable ergonomics, the 2019 YZ85 is ready to win races straight off the dealership floor.
Dealer #: 6249
AVAILABILITYAbbotsford: Contact the store for more details or to order.
Port Moody: Contact the store for more details or to order.
NEW FOR 2019
- Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS)
- New cylinder head and longer connecting rod
- New crankcase design
- New spacer-style reed valve intake
- New optimized expansion chamber
- Revised transmission
- Adjustable rider ergonomics
- New swingarm design
- Upgraded brake line and wave-style rotors
- New Dunlop MX3S tires
- Potent, easy-to-service two-stroke engine
- Broad, tractable power across the rev range
- Smooth-shifting, six-speed, close-ratio transmission
- Compact, semi-double-cradle, single-backbone steel frame
- Race-ready, fully adjustable suspension
- Aggressive YZ styling
- Lightweight, compact, 85cc, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve inducted, 2-stroke single.
- Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS).
- Mechanical power valve system delivers effective exhaust timing throughout the entire rev range
- Provides excellent power and torque characteristics
- Boosts compression ratio and power output
- Delivers responsive acceleration just as the rider intends
- Slit-shaped valve on the side of the exhaust port operates in response to engine rpm
- In low-to-mid-rpm range when exhaust timing is slower, valve moves to cover the top part of the exhaust port
- In high rpm range when quick exhaust timing is needed, valve recedes and exhaust port is fully uncovered
- Shifting is reduced due to broader powerband
- Crankcase reed valve induction and 28 mm Keihin flat-slide carburetor.
- crisp, seamless throttle response across the powerband
- new design features spacer-style reed valve intake for improved gas flow
- Carburetor settings optimized for updated engine
- Lightweight, forged piston.
- less reciprocating mass and less friction for a faster revving engine
- excellent durability
- CDI ignition system.
- provides a hot, precise spark for fast sure starts
- provides optimal timing for quicker, stronger response at all rpms
- Smooth-shifting, six-speed transmission.
- involute design increases the surface area contact between the gears
- special involute splines on main and drive shafts provide maximum engagement / hook-up for each gear for smoother, more positive shifts
- gear ratios are well matched to engine output
- Gear dimensions optimized for 2019 based on YPVS engine performance
- Heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch.
- smooth positive shifting
- Quick-remove, clutch sub-cover.
- fast, easy clutch access
- Lightweight radiator with high-capacity cores and special louvers to direct the air through the rad.
- maximum cooling efficiency
- Large-capacity airbox with washable, dual-stage, foam filter.
- excellent filtering qualities
- Lightweight exhaust system.
- revised expansion chamber matches the improved output of YPVS engine
- aluminium silencer is re-packable to maintain optimum performance and reduced noise levels
- Rigid, semi-double cradle, single backbone, steel frame.
- blend of light weight and good strength
- minimal flex for razor-sharp, moto-wining handling
- Detachable rear subframe.
- allows easy access for suspension maintenance
- reduces costs in the event of a loop-out (subframe can be purchased separately)
- Revised, lightweight box-section aluminium swingarm.
- composite chain guide and updated chain adjusters provide easier maintenance
- provides excellent rear-wheel control and traction
- Adjustable 36mm inverted KYB fork with 275 mm (10.8 in) of wheel travel.
- new low-friction outer tubes and internals are similar to full-size YZ models
- 20 clicks of both compression and rebound damping
- adjustable design allows suspension settings to match rider weight, rider style and track conditions
- YZ125 / 250-based “big bike” valving and low-friction fork seals
- smooth, compliant stroke for superior suspension performance and handling
- front fork guard redesigned with brake hose outside of fork guard
- Fully adjustable Monocross link rear suspension provides 282mm (11.1 in) of wheel travel.
- Kayaba piggyback shock reduces shock temperatures during a long moto for fade resistant damping and consistent performance.
- adjustments include “threaded” spring preload, 15 clicks of compression and 20 clicks of rebound damping
- optional shock springs are available through Yamaha Genuine Parts and Accessories
- 220 mm front stainless steel wave front disc with twin-piston caliper.
- delivers strong stopping power with excellent control and great feedback.
- New tapered aluminum handlebar and adjustable crown.
- Tapered handlebar
- “Shorty-style” adjustable front brake lever.
- adjusts to fit various hand sizes
- Clutch lever holder allows for clutch lever reach adjustment.
- adjusts to fit various hand sizes.
- 190 mm stainless steel rear disc brake squeezed by a single piston caliper.
- Excellent stopping power
- caliper is protected by a rugged plastic protector
- Lightweight, blue 17-inch front and 14-inch rear DID rims.
- excellent durability
- reduces unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance
- new Dunlop MX3S knobby tires offer exceptional traction
- Modern, aggressive, slim line bodywork.
- slim body design for excellent freedom of movement and rider mobility
- Sealed tapered steering head bearings for extra durability
- Serrated rear brake pedal and folding shift lever tip
- Wide, cast-alloy serrated footpegs offer good grip
- Stainless steel inner clutch cable for longer life and smooth operation
- Rubber boots on clutch and brake levers to reduce dirt, mud and water entry for durability
- Convenient lifting holes in side cover
- New rugged chain guide helps prevent chain from de-railing and also protects rear sprocket
- E10 friendly fuel system components